Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Terminator


terminator
Originally uploaded by jamesharbuck3434
I was in a Cameron mood (hence all the Avatar viewings) so I realized the only Cameron movies I own are the first two Terminator films. This will be corrected.

I love this movie. If they ever made a director’s cut or Criterion of this film on DVD I would buy it. I truly think not only is it an amazing film but it’s a film that helped define and solidify strong female characters in cinema.

Sarah Connor is an amazing character. She starts the film a waitress who can’t even handle her patrons and ends the film barking orders at Reese, killing the terminator & trying to prepare herself to train her son for the coming wars. It’s a spectacular arch and one that is female empowering on a scale not seen in cinema before it.

My love of Cameron does partially stem from my love of science fiction, and it probably started with this film. I love his visions of the future, dystopic as they are, and the characters these environments create are unique and wonderful to watch.

Sarah Connor: Are you sure you have the right person?
Reese: I'm sure.
Sarah Connor: Come on. Do I look like the mother of the future? I mean, am I tough, organized? I CAN'T EVEN BALANCE MY
CHECKBOOK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY