Tuesday, September 21, 2010

“A Tuga”


Is how I’m known at work, sometimes even my cousins call me that just to pull my leg. It’s the slang used for “The Portuguese”.
Honestly most of the time it makes me laugh. And they do also every time I come up with peculiar Portuguese expressions like “Bacano”, “Baril”, “BUEDA Fixe” and the list goes on.

If in conversation something is pointed regarding the “Tugas” it is tagged along by an “Excuse me Carla but you Portugueses…” as if I was answerable for all the Portugueses Lol.
With that said the other day I told them that before I came to Angola, while I was traveling, if anyone asked me where I was from, I would say Portugal. Most of the time I would get the eye brow look and ended explaining the all story about not being born in the same place that I knew as HOME country.

So I asked :
“So, from where should I say that I am from now?”

To what the answer was:
“Angola of course, you were born here!!!!!!!!! Man you “Tugas” don’t have sense of identity…”

Is impossible not to giggle!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY