Friday, May 7, 2010

Back in the field

Have you seen that movie “The Island”? I get flashes of it, especially at the mess hall or at the bus stops when I sight people lined up wearing their working suits and men looking at girls like if they were the last coke in the desert!


Here I am back in Malongo, the oil operation campus in Cabinda, up north from Luanda. Came to do some knowledge transfer sessions with a contractor that is leaving next week. It hasn’t been easy, he’s not happy to leave so been feeling like his punch bag, not in the true meaning of the word but yeah it feels like he doesn’t really care about what we’re here for …
...Already came up to my mind the possibility to apply for a position in the campus, leave the messy, and still bizarre to me, Luanda. However I get a bit confused every time I get here, is just a strange kind of life.


Is true that here you don’t have much to worry about apart from work and rest, the crappy food is always ready, my dirty clothes magically become cleaned, ironed and tagged with the number of my room, the bed gets done, there's no power outages =) But today is Saturday and so what? Is just another cross in the 28/28 calendar ... 5 days here and I've already started to feel locked!


In the other hand I still don’t know what is like to be 28 days off, free as a bird, that’s what I envy the most. Just imagine how much I would be able to travel =)


Then I think... Ironicly I've felt locked before, just because I didn't free my mind!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY