Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cinderella

Since I was a little girl I have been fascinated with Cinderella; the Disney version has been my favorite classic Disney animated film from my childhood. Everyone knows the tale of Cinderella, whether that is because of the Disney film or one of the many versions of this fairy tale that exists.

I can say from many years of being fascinated with fairy tales that Cinderella in the Disney form is very different from the original tale. Sure in all versions Cinderella is an oppressed step child who meets and falls for the prince, but especially in the Grimm tale the ending alone is much more dark and disturbing. However, I am not one of those people that believe in following fairy tales to the letter so this change doesn’t bother me; to me fairy tales are the one type of story that I accept in many different forms, it all adds to the fairy tale mystique.

In his version of Cinderella Disney created a beautiful tale of a rags-to-riches princess that has enchanted girls since 1950 and will enchant generations of girls for many more years.

Directors: Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson & Hamilton Luske

Cinderella: Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. "Come on, get up," you say, "Time to start another day." Even he orders me around. Well, there's one thing. They can't order me to stop dreaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY