Friday, August 1, 2008


Dr. Horrible
Originally uploaded by pinknblack73
I debated putting this review up for awhile, and I finally decided I can. Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is not a movie, but it’s not a TV show either; it is a short project that is more along the lines of a short film and is available on iTunes.

Dr. Horrible is the latest project to spring from the mind of Joss Whedon and onto our home entertainment systems (until Dollhouse this fall); for those of you not in the know this is the man behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Titan A.E., and the upcoming Cabin in the Woods. He is a man known for original concepts, witty dialogue and perfect casting. In my opinion he’s had three of the best television shows ever to grace the airwaves.

When I saw him at Comic Con in 2007 he spoke of a little project he wanted to do with Neil Patrick Harris called Dr. Horrible and that he decided he was not entertaining audiences enough in the past few years and he was going to start entertaining us again.

I did not know that his first attempt at entertaining us would be Dr. Horrible, but I was not disappointed.

Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is bout none other than the arch-villain wannabe Dr. Horrible. He’s trying to get into the Evil League of Evil run by Bad Horse, he has an insane crush on Penny who he can’t muster the strength to talk to every week at the laundry matt, and his arch nemesis is Captian Hammer who is a very self-involved super hero. Dr. Horrible has turned in his application to the Evil League of Evil and is waiting to hear back about his application; he finally does hear back and is told that he is under consideration and they are watching him and his dastardly deeds. Oh, and it’s a musical.

Watching this I was reminded of why I tuned into Buffy religiously every week. Joss Whedon manages to capture my imagination in a way that no one else ever has, and he can make me laugh, cry and be tense in the same hour time period. I really want Joss to begin getting the recognition that he deserves.

Writer & Director: Joss Whedon
Other Writers: The Whedon Brothers & Maurissa Tancharoen
Dr. Horrible: Neil Patrick Harris
Captain Hammer: Nathan Fillion
Penny: Felicia Day
Moist: Simon Helberg

Dr. Horrible: I also need to be a little bit more careful about what I say on this blog. Apparently, the LAPD and Captain Hammer are among our viewers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY